Download our printable handout brochure (PDF)
Handy check list prior to retirement
- Check with your superannuation provider for any requirement prior to retirement
- Consider having a well check prior to retirement with a psychologist. A retired peer can talk to you about options.
- Consider age care (Will, Power of attorney, guardianship)
- Set goals for retirement
- Volunteer work
- University/TAFE degrees
- Health … Gym, sport, walking
- It can be very easy to become ‘twice the person you used to be’.
- Do not under estimate the importance of family and friends.
- Make an effort to stay in touch with FRNSW by:
- Joining Fire Brigade Retirees association. Log onto their website for list of functions. www.nswfbr.org.au
- Join in on the coffee/breakfast mornings and regional retirees B.B.Q’s